Asia Rugby announced CEO job vacancy for the United Arab Emirates and Hong Kong
With a closing date set for the 27th December 2019, applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae and a cover letter to Asia Rugby as soon as possible. The successful applicant could be based in Dubai and will report directly to President of Asia Rugby – Qais Al Dhalai.
Jump right in…
- Job Description
- Position Objectives
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Required Experience
- Legal Status
- Equal Opportunities
- Safeguarding and good practices
- Application process
- Closing Date
Asia Rugby is one of the six regional associations of World Rugby and is responsible for over thirty member unions across the continent. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) shall be reporting to the President of Asia Rugby on all matters as well as responsible to the Executive Committee and relevant sub committees for ensuring that the approved activities of Asia Rugby are implemented with the highest levels of integrity, efficiency and professionalism; and within budget and operational constraints.
The CEO of Asia Rugby shall be responsible for building up a solid commercial portfolio of sponsors and partners; Also the CEO is accountable towards managing a team of highly qualified, motivated consultants to deliver the Asia Rugby Strategic Plan 2020-2024 objectives. Additionally, the CEO must demonstrate dynamic and inspirational leadership skills and the ability to work in a complex stakeholders.
The overall key areas that will need to be delivered include but not limited to the following:
- Budgeting and Commercial
- Governance and Compliance of member Union
- Competitions across the Region
- Development of the Game
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in running an organisation, preferably in the sporting environment.
- Experience in business development, building a successful commercial portfolio and financial relationships with partners and sponsors.
- Knowledge of World Rugby practice and procedures.
- Preferably educated to Tertiary Education. World Rugby qualifications would be an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of a second Asian language would be an advantage.
- Computer proficiency.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to be flexible and apply tact.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with stakeholders who may have significantly different levels of experience and ability.
- Must have residency status in an Asian country.
Proven experience in the following areas is essential:
- Governance and Administration
- Legal and Regulatory matters
The successful candidate will provide his/her services as a contractor and will be required to have a company/legal entity registered in his/her country of residence/operation.
Asia Rugby is an equal opportunity organisation.
Safeguarding and good practices
Adherence to Asia Rugby policies and procedures is required. Asia Rugby is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all involved in the game of rugby and expects all contracted individuals and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be subjected to a background check before finalising contracts.
All roles’ holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence. Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends.
Applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the following address: email@example.com and must include:
- Expected remuneration
- Available starting date
The closing date for application is 27th December 2019. Shortlisted candidates can expect to be contacted in early January 2020 to arrange for interviews. Job commencement date expected 3rd February 2020.